Answered

Seen/Unread timing

• 14 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Each message that has been sent to the customer has an attribute "seen" or "unread". Some of the messages that one of my teams is sending have a direct impact on how the future experience of the customer will go on.

For example, - a request for some specific action/document in order to use the product X. Depending on when the customer read the request and when reacted, will affect the future conditions.

Can we

1) know when exactly the status changed to "seen"

2) set some sort of alerts to it (have a notification that the specific group of messages is viewed by the user)

Is this possible to do with the standard features of the Intercom and if not, are there some app/workarounds?

icon

Best answer by Aparna 16 February 2022, 17:08

View original

4 replies

Hey @denis t​ ! Just so am on the same page as you, are you referring to the replies sent to the customer in the conversation?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Yep. The very same

@denis t​  Thanks for confirming. At the moment we do not have an option to track this data. Maybe you can use for REST API to extract the details. When you retrieve a conversation, the conversation model has an attribute called read which is set to true when the customer reads the message. You could use this to send the follow-up. Again when you retrieve a conversation notified_at attribute would give you the time the user was notified with the conversation part. Let me know if this would help.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I would like to report this as a @Product Wishlist​ member