Answered

How can I have people only enter a series on a workday (weekday) OR add a wait time which will wait until the next work day?

• 17 February 2022
  • 3 replies

I know I can do this in individual messages by having them only sent out during office hours, but I need to do this in my series flow. Basically I need to check for a specific value which we're pushing via API, but is only updated on weekdays, before continuing.

icon

Best answer by Kevin Bendixen 21 February 2022, 09:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

You have the same scheduling options for every message in a Series.

Hey Kevin - thanks so much for responding!

I am aware of the messaging options for the messages themselves, but I need to be able to check for specific rules in a rules block only on weekdays.

Can you think of any way a Rules block will only be executed on a weekday? Ideally, a wait block would have an option "wait until next business day" but I am wondering if there is any work around.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@user2296​ I can't think of a way to do that.

To get this correctly, if a rule applies on the weekends, you don't want anything to happen?

You could instead simply check for the rules and send different messages depending on if it's a weekday or not. That way, you would “outsource” the filtering for workdays to the individual messages instead of the rules.