Answered

Send country, state, and city information to salesforce

• 24 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Intercom only sends country (example united states) but not city or state (Los Angeles, California information back to salesforce. Is there a reason the integration functions this way? Is this an unfinished intergation?

Intercom

Screenshot 2022-02-24 113739 

What gets pushed to salesforce

Screenshot 2022-02-24 113808

icon

Best answer by Lisa B11 25 February 2022, 15:19

View original

3 replies

Hey @user2554​ 👋

As we use a third party service for capturing GEOIP data ourselves there could be some sort of restriction there. Alternatively, and I think this is more likely, it has to do with complying with privacy and security standards for passing identifiable data between systems in an integration 🙌

Can you please look into the issue... I think its silly if you're able to see the location in intercom...but it's a privacy issue for the information that has already been seen to be passed to salesforce...but it's ok to pass the country? I think the integration is just half-baked. @Product Wishlist​ 

I know it’s a whole year later, but for anyone wondering about this, I think the limitation is about Intercom’s integration not supporting Salesforce compound fields (address being one of them). It’s mentioned here https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/4497943-install-and-configure-the-salesforce-app as a note under the “Map attributes for leads and contacts” section.