Answered

Does it make sense to connect our sales email to Intercom?

• 1 March 2022
  • 3 replies

I would like to know if anybody has connected their sales email inbox to Intercom?

And also if you have not connected it and what were your reasoning for that?

We have already done it for our support email address but sales email address is a bit different (or maybe I just think it is because I'm in sales 😉) The upside to adding sales email address to Intercom would that we could automate our responses. The downside is that it doesn't share that if you want multiple sales people to have access to a sales email inbox.

Hope someone cares to share their thoughts and/or experiences on the matter 😊

icon

Best answer by Henrik A 2 March 2022, 16:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @henrik a​, when you say "The downside is that it doesn't share that if you want multiple sales people to have access to a sales email inbox." can you tell me a bit more about the problem you're anticipating here?

Hey Eric, yes of course and sorry for not clarifying at first. It also looks like I made a typo in my first post. It should say "it doesn't share well" and by that I meant a shared inbox that several sales people can acccess independently. (I receive emails sent to our sales mail in my Outlook inbox and a colleague in his Mac-whatever inbox)

I want to add our sales email to Intercom but to be perfectly honest I am not sure about the downsides to it 😊 If there are no downsides to it, then I have no clue as to why we haven't done it years ago.

Userlevel 1

I think the key to successful integration here, @henrik a​, is to combine it with automation - namely, our Inbox Rules, so that you can ensure that conversations are distributed and assigned correctly. I can't speak to our Sales team, but our Support team has email forwarding enabled from a central address to Intercom, and it works very smoothly.