Answered

Create new inbox message for web-site for every new web-site form submission

• 3 March 2022
  • 3 replies

I'm new to Intercom and trying to see what is the best way to connect a form submission data to create new inbox messages inside Intercom.

1. I have a webflow website with a basic Contact Us form that users can use to send us questions.
  2. I'd like to create a new message in Intercom Inbox every time a customer submits the form on our web-site, including the form submission data they had filled on the web-site.
  3. Ideally, I'd like to pass the email the user entered on the form, and have Intercom connect it with the correct user if a user with this email address was found in the system, or, create a new user for this email if no user would be found.

I wanted to know if something like this is possible? And if so, what is the right way to do it?

Thanks,

-A-

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 7 March 2022, 09:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @user2323​, a similar question was asked here with a response provided by Roy! Would this help?

Thanks Eric for the follow-up.

I'm afraid this one doesn't exactly answer my question.

We're trying to migrate from Hubspot and see what parts we can do with Intercom. One of the things we do with Hubspot is send form submissions directly to the Conversation view , so that our support personnel can go through the incoming messages from the Contact Us form and process them as well.

Since our website runs on webflow I don't have access to the build itself, so ideally I'd like to try and get this done on the client side (Javascript only).

I tried creating a new conversation:

https://developers.intercom.com/intercom-api-reference/reference/create-a-conversation

But I get a CORS error, which probably indicates this API is not designed to use on the client side.

Happy to see if I'm doing something awfully wrong (which I suspect is the case..), and in case there is any other way to get this done.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hey @user2323​, as we're getting into something a bit more specific re your current integration, I'd recommend you contact our Support team via the Messenger in your Intercom workspace. They'd be best placed to help here!