Answered

How the user's data is updated in the Intercom both for desktop & mobile users?

• 4 March 2022
  • 5 replies

We use Mixpanel & Intercom, Intercom we can see only 3 users' data is updated with the Mobile information. While in Mixpanel we can see there are 68 users currently using the Mobile application. 3 version have been released for Mobile, according to mixpanel 21 users on latest version, Intercom only 3 users on latest version.

Would like to know how and when the user data is updated in Intercom, is there any way to match the data for both Intercom & mixpanel?

icon

Best answer by Aparna 22 March 2022, 12:24

View original

5 replies

Hey @payal​ ! When you make an import of users from Mixpanel we’ll pull in the following user details: email, name, last_request_at, created_at and mixpanel_id and store them as attributes in your user list. Here is an article to give a better insight. If you want to update the user data with other attributes then you can update the user attributes either by a CSV import or via REST API.

Hi @aparna​, thank you for the information. I do have a few concerns, Intercom we do have past data of the user, and if I import the user details from the mixpanel will that overwrite all the data in Intercom. Or will all the information will be deleted?

My main concern is that according to Mixpanel we have 68 users using our Mobile applications and I am unable to see their Mobile usage details in Intercom. Is there any way to get these details updated in the Intercom?

@payal​ Intercom we do have past data of the user, and if I import the user details from the Mixpanel will that overwrite all the data in Intercom. Or will all the information will be deleted?

If the email address is the unique identifier and if there is a user with the same email address already in Intercom when you make an import the data of the existing user will be updated(overwrite). If the user is not in Intercom, it will create a new user.

Is there any way to get these details updated in the Intercom?

You can update the data either via CSV or API.

Hi @aparna​ , After importing data from Mixpanel, what if the user logs into the application again, won't it overwrite the data we just exported.

We have recently integrated our mobile app with intercom, the data wrt to the mobile application is not getting updated as the user uses the application. We can see 70 users use our mobile app using Mixpanel, while in Intercom its only 3 users. Details about the mobile users are not getting updated, is there any way we can do it?

@payal​ The data between Mixpanel and Intercom will not be updated automatically. As I mentioned earlier you can update the user data in Intercom either by making a CSV or using REST API. When the user logs in and if you send/pass any data only then it will be overwritten, otherwise it will show the same data that was exported.