Answered

Why is Intercom chat box so slow? Is this normal?

• 9 March 2022
  • 2 replies

We are in the process of doing a PoC with Intercom and noticed super slow load times on the Chat bot. Even the main Intercom.com website is showing 20-30s on a click of a custom bot reply before it loads the next set of paths. This make sit unusable. I am worried if Intercom can't get the performance on their own website, what does that mean for their customers. I spoke to a sales person yesterday and she said they were experiencing slowness but should be resolved soon. But unfortunately not.

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 10 March 2022, 10:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @user2331​, I'd suggest you contact our Support team directly about this via the Messenger in your Intercom workspace. They're best placed to help you here!

If you actually read the post you would realize that the issue I reported seems to be global and not my workspace I am testing in.

Secondly, the support is not responsive. Have tried to report it but have not heard back now on any resolution. I would think a system wide slow down would be a critical event.

Just to make it clear: pls try Intercom.com > Chat > click on any reply strings for custom chat bot and see it for yourself. We are seeing over 15 seconds for it to come back. I assume Intercom.com site gets a lot of traffic but it should still scale with sub 1s responses to clicks on chat bot in this day and age of hyper scalable cloud clusters.

Our own workspace with just 1 chat bot path takes 3-4 s which is still pretty slow. I am posting here again because Intercom support is no help, hoping someone higher concerned about the Intercom service will take notice and respond.