Answered

Escalating support inquiries to other teams

• 17 March 2022
  • 6 replies

• New Participant
  • 3 replies

Hi, we're trying to figure out the best practice of escalating a support inquiry to other teams within the company; for example - R&D, eng; or biz dev; obviously, not all of the team-members on these teams are on Intercom. Would be grateful for advice.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 22 March 2022, 13:36

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @rona​, are your Support team the only ones using Intercom here?

Hi Eric. thank you for responding,

currently yes.

We're trying to learn the best way to engage other teams.

Userlevel 1

Got it, thanks for clarifying! I ask because all of our teams within Intercom use Intercom to respond to customers, so we have very clear escalation paths that involve reassigning conversations to other Intercom inboxes.

If the teammate to which you're escalating is not in Intercom, you can still add them to the conversation and they can participate by email, as outlined in this guide.

Thanks Eric! where I work, only the support team engages with customers. The support team forwards messages from customers to other teams. When they receive an answer from that team - the support team will reply back to the customer.

If I understand correctly - "adding to the conversation" means the customer is notified, and is also still engaged, in the conversation. Is that correct?

If so, how can I remove the customer from the conversation?

Thanks!

Hi, bumping this up :)

Userlevel 1

Hey @rona​, adding and removing participants from a conversation are done from the same part of the UI. The guide I share with you previously also shows you how to remove participants from group conversations!