Answered

Is it possible to hard delete a company?

• 24 March 2022
  • 3 replies

I have deleted a company with the company_id of "1", that company is no longer visible anywhere in the Intercom interface. However I can see it in the API (using your official Ruby gem) with a call to:

client.companies.find(company_id: "1")

So the delete command must be just soft deleting companies. When it comes to contacts you can hard delete them from the account settings page (settings/delete-user), is there any such call for companies?

I noticed this during development when reseting my database and attempting to create a new company. I have logic that attempts to find or create a new company for a given ID, in this case it appeared to work successfully because it was updating data on the soft deleted company.

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 29 March 2022, 13:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @daniel k13​, did you initially delete this company via the UI or via the API?

Via the API. I ended up deleting the whole workspace and starting fresh.

Ruby gem v4.1.3 with API v2.2.

Userlevel 1

Just checked in with our support engineers there @daniel k13​ and it's only possible to archive a company via the API. A request to permanently delete a company can be made to our support team. I appreciate that this may not exactly be a scaleable solution and I'm happy to record your feedback here via our @Product Wishlist​ group.