Answered

How does the "Try to match for x days" work exactly?

• 31 March 2022
  • 1 reply

I have setup a Series with a Rules block that will try to match the user for 7 days. One of the rules applied is if the user has a certain tag. The tag is something we apply manually, so those 7 days gives my team some time to add the tag as that's not done automatically.

I thought that once the tag was added (and the user matched the rules), they'd move down the "Matched" path right away but it looks like Intercom will keep the user there for 7 days, and by the end of those days, it will move the user down the "Matched" path (or exit, of they don't have the tag).

To me it would make more sense if Intercom checked for 7 days if the user matched the rules, and if they did, they would move along right away, regardless of the 7 days. If not, they would exit after 7 days still.

Do I understand how this works correctly or am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by Cam 1 April 2022, 14:16

View original

1 reply

From what I understand it should try to match the rules in your block for a period of 7 days from when a user gets to that block.

The rules block itself isn't immediate though - I think they are run on a cadence every hour for a start block and 15 minutes for rules in the middle of a series.

If they haven't met the criteria after the 7 days that's when they should exit or go down the not matched path.

Hope that helps a bit!