Answered

How can I prevent my emails from landing in the Promotions tab?

• 3 April 2022
  • 2 replies

I am setting up a series and the emails are landing in promotions tab, anyway to get them in primary?

icon

Best answer by Aparna 5 April 2022, 16:35

View original

2 replies

Hey @nachman​ ! Gmail's tabbed inboxes are based on a complex and ever-changing algorithm. Historically, we've found that marketing and bulk emails have a higher chance of being filtered to the Promotions tab. There isn't a set method to ensure your email lands into the recipient's primary inbox, however, there are a couple of things you can try to increase the likelihood.

1. Keep your subscribers engaged and maintain high open and click rates.
  2. Ask subscribers to add your From email address to their Gmail contacts list.
  3. Ask subscribers to move your messages to the Primary inbox. This is the most effective way to teach Gmail to deliver future messages to the Primary tab.
  4. Adjust the message content to be more personal (more text and less images, a clear call to action with ideally only one link in the message).

Also, don't be afraid to embrace that promotions tab too! A lot of subscribers know how the Promotions tab works, and they'll go to that tab specifically for this sort of material.

This article is hugely helpful, @nachman​ 

https://snov.io/blog/how-to-avoid-gmail-promotions-tab//p>