Answered

How can I show the heirarchy of my collections on every page of my Articles?

• 14 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Navigating around our Intercom Articles is not easy, finding what you're looking for is mostly predicated on the search bar bringing the right article to the front.

We'd like to show the organization and natural hierarchy of our Collections and Articles to users as they browse our support docs. Seeing this in a side menu is very common in Knowledge Management systems like Gitbook or Archbee or tools like Notion or ClickUp (see an example below).

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 1.31.30 PM 

Is there anyway that I could visually show users how our docs are organized so they can navigate it easier? Could this be done in Intercom or through the App Marketplace?

icon

Best answer by Beth 18 April 2022, 18:34

View original

7 replies

Hi @timothy r​ The Help Center does not currently include the option to have your article/collection hierarchy displayed on each article within your help center. I'm also unaware of a third-party app that would allow to do so. I can see definitely see how useful having this option would be so I'd be happy to flag with our team as a feature request. ✅️

Thanks Beth, two follow up questions:

1. Is there any appearance customization options for the Articles at all? Said another way, can we only show our Support Articles stacked on top of each other?
  2. Do you have a feature request board that I could upvote the idea as well as see what features the Intercom community is most interested in seeing added?

I'd second this feature request! Often times we have inter-related articles and article series and this would be very beneficial.

@timothy r​ 

1) We don't currently have additional customization options for the help center.

2) Yes, you can add your requests here and other users, like @user1024​, could upvote!

Thank you Beth!

If you'd like to upvote this idea please head to the link below:

https://forum.intercom.com/s/feed/0D55c000065Abg4CAC/p>

There is no option to upvote. Upvote option missing

Let me add the @Product Wishlist​ channel here @timothy r​ and @user1667​ and you should be able to see and upvote. Thanks for flagging that for me and apologies for the confusion!