Answered

When attaching a tag to a conversation, they do not always appear in the conversation view.

When attaching a tag to a conversation, they do not always appear in the conversation view. They do, however, appear against the conversation when retrieved via the API. What can I do to mitigate this and ensure the tag always shows in the conversation?

My workflow (simplified), using the node intercom client, is:

- await conversation creation

- await attachment of one or more tags

Intercom client always responds successfully, however, it appears there is some internal intercom mechanism to associate a tag with a conversation part, and that perhaps there is a race condition between the part becoming available and the tag being attached.

When I retrieve the conversation from the API, i can see that the tags are attached to the conversation.

icon

Best answer by Anthony S12 13 May 2022, 01:02

View original

5 replies

Hey @anthony s12​ You are able to see the tag details when retrieving the conversation using API. Are you not able to see or list the conversation using the tag in UI( conversation reports)?

Hi @aparna​,

Thank you for the reply. So as far as I can tell, the tags are appropriately attached to the conversation, but not the conversation part.

Therefore, both the API and the Analytics systems appear to function as expected. What doesn't and is confusing to the people at the coalface who are in inbox and are communicating with clients, is that tags are not always appearing appropriately against the conversation part.

Please see attached.tags showing on 3rd May when they were attached to a conversationtags are not showing on the conversation part "Subject 1 ...."

Hey @anthony s12​ ! If the team refresh the Inbox page does the tag appear? I would suggest you opening a conversation with our support team so that we can take a deep dive and needed open an issue.

The behaviour I have noticed is that it usually doesn't, however, sometimes it has after some time has passed. I am struggling to find out how to raise this with support.

Oh it was just a matter of going to the home page ... I had looked everywhere else 😬