Answered

Receiving hits of Intercom Webhook twice with same payload.

Webhook topics i have selectedSame paylaod with difference of few misi-secondsWebhook payload and time receivedI have configured intercom webhook for user.created, user.replied and admin.replied. Now when i reply to a conversation i only receive one hit for webhook which is working fine. But when i reply from intercom parrot as a customer, i am receiving 2 different hits with same payload for user.replied with a difference of few mili-seconds.

I am attaching screenshots of both payloads with time received and of the topics selected for webhook

icon

Best answer by Magnus 1 June 2022, 00:36

View original

2 replies

Hey @user1784​ 🙌

Would you mind sending us a message through the Messenger with these details so that a support engineer can look into this for you please? 🙌

Hey @user1784​ 👋

It's a bit difficult to see, as I can't see the whole request body - specifically which webhook topic each payload belongs to 🤔

In general, if you subscribe to multiple webhook topics that trigger at the same time, you would get one payload per topic. In this case, it's hard to say if it's possible that your replies are creating both a new conversation and a reply to an existing one.

If you're still seeing these webhooks being sent at once, could you submit:

• What topic each webhook is?
  • How you initially started the conversation? Did you send an email as an admin from the UI, or did you use the REST API to send a message?