Answered

Is there any way to enable png/jpeg pictures in the message preview?

The png pictures in sent messages are not visible in inbox as pictures, only as a clickable text like picture_1.png

icon

Best answer by Magnus 16 November 2022, 20:08

View original

10 replies

Hey there, 👋 thanks for reaching out! I'm one of the Support Engineers at Intercom! 🔧

I haven't been able to replicate the issue you are experiencing here. If I am understanding correctly, your PNG attachments within the Inbox aren't showing the actual image but rather as a file attachment.

However when I done my own testing the image showed without issue to both myself in the Inbox & messenger.

I have attached screenshots below to my post which should highlight what I am referring to here.Image preview composer.Image previewIf this isn't the case for you can you please try clearing both your cache & cookies in your browser to see if this helps solve your issue. You can find instructions on how to do this here. If I am misunderstanding the question please feel free to let me know and I'd be happy to help.

Let me attach one example with one of spam messages.

Here is how it looks like in Intercom - the pictures in the message body is not visible

While the original view of the message should look like this

Thanks, for clarifying I was able to replicate this issue in the new Next generation Inbox within Intercom. Is that where you are seeing it as well. In the old Inbox this worked without issue.

I am going to flag this issue with the product team so that they are aware of this and are can investigate this further. We are receiving a lot of feedback & questions regarding the Next Gen Inbox, so I will make sure the team have eyes on this. 👀 Please feel free to share all feedback you have regarding the new Inbox!

Any update on this issue Evan? We are experiencing this as well. Kind regards.

@user1274​ @maarten​ 

Magnus from Intercom here - just wanted to send a quick update to you both (and anyone reading this in the future)!

This question originated from a lack of support for previewing images that were attached in emails in the Next Gen Inbox. However, we've changed this, and the Next Gen Inbox now previews images just like the old one used to.

If there's one image, we preview is large, like this 👇 

197209462-0353286c-2a05-41d8-9724-258ad4b614f7 

If there's multiple images, we preview a thumbnail style image 👇 

thumbnail-imageIf there's multiple images and other attachments that are not images, we show thumbnails and the attachment like this 👇 

thumbnail-image-with-attachment 

If you're still having issues with this, please let us know either in the Forums, the Messenger, or email us at team@intercom.io.

I can confirm images are visible now. Thanks a lot for putting this in and your heads up here Magnus.

Anytime! Thanks for the confirmation! :)

Hi @magnus​,

This still seems to be an issue for us.

png images in emails forwarded to the intercom inbox show as clickable text rather than showing the image.

These images in this email are part of the email signature.

Anything we can do to show the actual images and make the emails a little easier to follow?

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 00.51.39

@craig n​ 

Sorry to see that it's still not working perfectly for you!

If you're forwarding the emails, it's possible that the email client you're using for forwarding is doing something to the images that causes them to display like this.

You could test this by manually sending an email with an image attached into your workspace and see if the issue persists. If not, it's likely related to your forwarding email client.

For further troubleshooting assistance, please reach out to us through the Messenger as we'd to take a look at your specific examples to find the source of the issue.