Answered

Is there a way I can create a button on the website app that will open/ is linked to the intercom messenger?

• 10 June 2022
  • 2 replies

We would like to have a button on one page of the app that, when clicked, will open the messenger, and there will be a custom reply/header with a short note. (i.e. send your request on the chat box below, and we'll get it uploaded as soon as possible-- something to this effect).

Thank you in advance for your response!

icon

Best answer by Evan P 16 June 2022, 14:53

View original

2 replies

Hey @user2541​ thanks for reaching out! I'm one of the Support Engineers here @ Intercom! 👍

There are 3 ways to accomplish this.

First you could use a custom bot from a button. This will trigger a custom bot to send a specific message whenever a user clicks the set button on your site. Your end user would be able to reply to this chat from the custom bot & follow a flow you set. You can find more about that in this article here.

If you don't wish to have the custom bot send you can build what’s called a “custom launcher”. This guide will show you how to create a custom launcher. However no custom reply/header will be present. It will just open the messenger homepage.

Lastly, you can use our Javascript API Intercom('showNewMessage') method, you can set a button on your site to call this method which will open the messenger on a new message, you can also choose to include a pre-populated message which could fit your use case for a custom reply/header.

Thanks for reaching out! 👍

Thank you so much for responding; we might implement the third option. Thanks much! 😊 👌