Answered

Hey, I want to order my articles in a series, and provide a previous and next article feature for each of them.

Hey, I want to order my articles in a series, and provide a previous and next article feature for each of them.
icon

Best answer by Kevin Bendixen 20 June 2022, 09:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey @auditflo​! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

At the moment, it's not possible to use an Article in a Series; Articles can only be reached by a user clicking a link to the Article. You could set live a Series that contains multiple messages that links the users to the Articles, but it's not possible to force show the Articles themselves.

Hope this makes sense!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I think what they are asking for is more a “next article” and “previous article” buttons that are added to the articles. There is no automated way of doing this currently. What we did for our “First Steps” articles is, manually added a button at the bottom of every article that links to the next one.

Don't forget that you can only insert the link after publishing the next article.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

While it would be nice to automate this, we are quite happy that it doesn't just show the previous and next articles. We've grouped articles thematically and also put manual links at the bottom of the articles, but it is not always the one that's up next within the collection. Eg, "search for this data" might be followed in the collection by "search for that data" but we are linking to "analyse this data" at the bottom of the article.

What we do is insert a divider at the bottom of the article and then putting the link to the next logical article, preceded by Up next: