Answered

Can you pass JSON object to Webhooks value field In Intercom?

• 21 June 2022
  • 4 replies

How to pass object to webhook body value?

I want to send key: contact:

with value:  {"email": "user@email.com",    "id": 377},

I was trying with quotes, without, with and without curly braces.

How shoud I form a string or waht to send an object

icon

Best answer by Evan P 24 June 2022, 08:45

View original

4 replies

Hey @user1302​, 👋 thanks for reaching out! I'm one of the Support Engineers here at Intercom! 👍

Webhooks within Intercom are outbound payloads. Workspaces can subscribe to specific webhook topics in order to get a notification whenever this topic is matched. These are similar to users starting conversations, adding email addresses, etc. You can find out more on how Webhooks work within Intercom here in this article!

It looks like you are potentially trying to make an API request to update a contact. If you are looking to update a contacts information you can use the API endpoint "update a contact" docs on which you can find here.

In regards to updating a contact with an email & user_id. You can use a similar format to below: 👇

{

"role": "user",

"external_id": "1",

"email": "test@example.io"

}

If you have any questions on this please feel free to let me know! 😁

Well, i am trying to make kind of APi call, but from Intercom to 3rd party application.

My goal is to use webkook in Series, that if user is slipping away, and other means of communication failed, i create a task for sales people (who uses CRM system), to make a contact with a user.

I need to make that API call in specific format, and I can't freely modify payload body.

So once again: is it possible to send Object as value?

Thanks for clarifying, within the Webhook body you can not pass over an object. You will need to individual specify which key / value pair you wish to add. I have attached a screenshot of how to accomplish this.

I am using user attributes to fill in my values rather than hard coding them. For the syntax, you do not need any brackets or any quotes. If you wanted to hard code these values you can just enter them in without quotes.Series webhooks

Ok, thanks for an answer.

At least I know that it is not possible to achieve what I want in this way, so I will try other approaches.

Thanks again