Answered

Where can I find documentation for Keeping my Help Center private?

• 22 June 2022
  • 1 reply

I'm trying to set up a login page for my users but basing on available information I can't understand how does it work and what exactly should I do.

1. I added link to my login page
  2. I set an article to be available only for users
  3. When I open my test help center I see no articles but link to the login page
  4. I click the link
  5. I'm on my login page and I submit valid credentials
  6. ?

What should be the next step? Shall I redirect my user to the help center? If so, then how should I let the Intercom know that my user managed to sign in?

And where can I find the relevant documentation? Because what I found on the help center settings page seems to lack some information.

I'll appreciate any help 🙏

Regards,

Marek

icon

Best answer by Evan P 27 June 2022, 15:01

View original

1 reply

Hey @user1307​ , 👋 thanks for reaching out! I'm one of the Support Engineers here at Intercom! 👍

Here is article which runs through being able to control who can see your help center articles with filters like you mentioned.

This requires some pre-setup which is covered in this article on enabling this functionality. In a high level overview of what the article covers you will essentially need a custom domain setup with cookie forwarding enabled. You can find some helpful information on the setup in our developer docs here.

Hope this helps!