Answered

How can I start a series when a company's plan changes?

If a company upgrades to a higher plan, I want to provide them with additional information about the new plan. How can I achieve this with series or any other Intercom tool?

I do not have an event for Upgrade.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Brent 24 June 2022, 03:12

View original

2 replies

Badge +4

Hey @jan wโ€‹ย are you tracking an attribute for the plan in Intercom?

A couple of ideas if you are - you could set an initial series rule for when the company selects the plan - IF Users <Plan> is "Plan name" this should trigger the series. You might want to add some more rules in around dates (time since original signup) if you have different series running for someone who initially selects this plan vs someone who has upgraded after a time.

Do you have a test workspace in intercom you can play around with to test the series? Or a test account on your live workspace?

Alternatively you could use tags to trigger the series - but this would be more manual as the team would have to tag the users or companies.

Hey Brent, thanks for your ideas! Yes, the plan attribute of the company is populated.

We tried the approach with a series but had to refine it with an additional rule.

What did not work: [Entry Rule: "lower plan name"] when matched then [Entry Rule: "higher plan name"] when matched [Action ...]

What should work is adding "started a series" as an entry rule that looks for users that have started the initial onboarding series for the lower plan and when those switch to a higher plan we could trigger the series for the higher plan.

ย 

Would you recommend having a separate event for an upgrade?