Answered

Custom Button in Conversation Details

• 30 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi There!

I'm looking to see if it's possible to add a custom button in the Conversation Details section when viewing a conversation. The idea behind it would be to create a ticket in Shortcut (formerly Clubhouse) when the button is clicked. It would take necessary info from the Conversation and POST it to the Shortcut API. Has anyone done something like this?

I know it is possible to do something like this through Zapier, but we only need SOME of our conversations turned into tickets - Zapier works off triggers and wouldn't be smart enough to know which conversations we want turned into tickets.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Daniel M15 4 July 2022, 15:37

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hey @[Turquoise Fish 352]​! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

It is possible to add a button like this by building an app using our Canvas Kit. It would have to be built using a custom solution, meaning that you would have to design a script to strip the relevant information from the conversation, and then trigger the POST request to the Shortcut API. You could connect that script to a button in the app's UI, so whenever it is clicked, the script is ran and the ticket is created 🙂

I understand that this isn't the most straightforward solution, though I am afraid that we don't offer an integration with Shortcut that would achieve this functionality. Of course, as you mentioned, it's possible to use Zapier, but this would be automatically triggered as opposed to manually.

If you're interested in setting up an app like this, I highly recommend checking out our Canvas Kit guide! Hope this helps! 😁