Answered

Guide to sending emails forwarding emails to/from Intercom.

I need to find please the best Intercom way to meet this criterias when I send an email. Thank you

Please how to send emails:

- to identified users and by being able to copy one of them

- use a group email adress as "from"

- emails appear in the inbox so that we can follow up, relaunch them

- each recipient receives only one email at a time

icon

Best answer by Evan P 12 July 2022, 14:01

View original

3 replies

Hey @julie d​, 👋 thanks for reaching out! I'm one of the Support Engineers here @ Intercom! 👍

I'm going to attach some articles below which should help with your use cases here!

1. Sending emails to registered users within Intercom
  2. Sending emails from your own email addresses.
  3. Forward your emails into Intercom.
  4. I will need some clarification here just to make sure we are on the same page, if you are trying to not overload your users with emails you will need to set this up with your outbound emails rules so that your users will only receive them one a day as an example.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hi, thank you for your answer, but it's not exactly what I need.

I need to send emais which match all of this rules :

• send a classic email to one user + possiblity of adding someone in copy of this email : The fonction outbound/email on Intercom is adapted for newsletters and emails to send to an audience, but not for only 1 or 2 people, and to send once
  • send an email from a team group address (not a personal address and not from the address used for the Intercom connexion. For exemple, the group email address (of connexion) in Intercom for us is contact@myapp.com, but for each team in our society, we'd like to be abble to send email from the address support@myapp.com or sales@myapp.com etc ...
  • we know how to transfer our inboxes to Intercom. The point is that if we use the email fonction of Intercom, emails sent from outbound/emails they are not visible on the Intercom Inbox and so we can't forward them
  • We tried to send emails from the Inbox, using 'email' and not 'chat', then add a participant because we need to send emails with someone in copy, but the first participant receive the email 2 times so that is not convenient.

We need all of this rules matched for our emails management :

• sending with recipients in copy
  • acknowledgement of receipt
  • follow-up of the conversation in the inbox
  • sent from our address support@myapp.com
  • assigned to a team

Thank you so much for your help please

Thanks for clarifying @julie d​ You can send a one time email as a conversation within Intercom. You can see the guide on how to accomplish this here. 🙌

You would still need to use the process here to send emails from a group address. You will need to add the domain & verify it in order to send from this address. I hope this clarifies.

Would you mind clarifying what you mean about outbound/emails they are not visible on the Intercom Inbox? If you are referring to outbound content within Intercom being sent then this is only visible in the Inbox after the end-user has replied.

It wouldn't be possible to send an outbound conversation to multiple people at once, you would need to follow the process you are currently doing, I understand it isn't ideal that the original recipient receives 2 emails but currently it's the only workaround.

I would also appreciate clarification on sending "with recipients in copy", I just want to make sure I am on the same page. In terms of "acknowledgement of receipt", when an end-user reads the email this will show within the specific conversation in the Inbox. You can follow up these outbound conversations from the Inbox if they are sent from Intercom. Like the way I mentioned in the article I shared above you will need to verify this domain then you will be able to use it. Lastly, you shouldn't have any issues assigning these conversations to a team within Intercom once they are available in the Inbox.

If I have misunderstood here, please let me know & I can take a further look. If I have misunderstood, screenshots will be really helpful in understanding what you are trying to accomplish if you can share them that would be great. 😄