Answered

Is it possible to fetch data from external URL to add a note to my inbox conversation?

In MessageBird we used Fetch Variable to get data from our API and add some users' dynamic information into a Note in the conversation, is possible to do that in Intercom?

icon

Best answer by Daniel M15 12 July 2022, 18:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey @user1346​! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

I know it's not quite what you were looking for, but macros are able to retrieve dynamic information such as a user's name or email (assuming this information is stored in Intercom). You could create a macro (for notes only, if you wish) that displays the necessary information and then use that macro in a note! You can see an example of this in action in this Help Center article 🙂 If the information is not stored in Intercom and you need to retrieve it via API, I'm afraid that there is no option to pull the data directly and insert it into a note.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2

Hey again @user1346​!

Slight correction on my behalf - we do actually have the option to reply to a conversation with a note via our API using the reply to a conversation endpoint! You could fill your dynamic values in on your backend, and then fire off a request to leave a note. Remember - the message type must be set to note and sent on behalf of an admin!

Hope this helped you 🙌