Answered

Canvas Kit App button is clickable by teammates if app button is url type. Is there a way to prevent this?

• 15 July 2022
  • 1 reply

I am working on making a canvas kit app. In experimenting with button types, I have found that the url button types are clickable both by the chat user and the teammate responding to the chat. Compare this to an app with a submit button, which is greyed out on the teammate side and is not clickable. Is there a way to prevent a url type button from being clicked by the teammate? (In our use case, we want the url button to be a feedback survey, but we only want the chat user to be able to access the button, not the teammate).

Alternatively, is there a way to redirect to a url from a submit type button? I experimented a little with having the server respond to the submit webhook with a redirect status (such as 301 or 307) but this has not worked.

Thanks in advance for any help or workarounds.

Image: chat on the right shows the teammate view, where the url button is clickable and the submit button is greyed out.

image showing url type buttons are clickable by teammates but submit buttons are not

icon

Best answer by Aparna 19 July 2022, 17:14

View original

1 reply

Hey @brandon t12​ ! It is not possible to redirect from submit. The docs suggest that you can toggle the "disabled" attribute for a button with true/false https://developers.intercom.com/canvas-kit-reference/reference/button. Hope this helps!