Answered

Android build error: packages do not exist

I am migrating from tinycreative/react-native-intercom to intercom/intercom-react-native(3.0.5). I'm not using push notifications. The app builds in Xcode but is failing in Android. Below is a screen shot of the errors. When I go to the first one in the code, the full name is io.intercom.android.sdk.helpcenter.api.HelpCenterArticleSearchResult, but the error is cutting off at "api". It is the same for the rest. Why would it do that?

I looked diligently online and couldn't find anyone with a similar problem. It seems weird that it is in node_modules. Anyone with a hunch as to why this might happen?Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 4.45.46 PM

icon

Best answer by Aparna 21 July 2022, 13:06

View original

4 replies

Hey @gabrielle d11​ ! I will check with the team and get back to you.

Thanks very much!

Hey @gabrielle d11​ The team asked me to confim a few things with you. 1. Could you please confirm that you followed this guide?

2.Have you tried manual linking? It can help ensure it’s working as expected. This error may be caused by link failure. Something has not been added correctly etc.

There is also an example application that you can view for reference. If you still have an issue please let us know.

Thanks for getting back to me! Yes, I followed that guide. I am using React Native 0.67.4 so the guide says I don't have to manually link it. Should I still try? I was able to get past this error by commenting out a certain line of code I had but I don't really know why that worked and now am facing another, different error. But maybe if I go back to the original error and figure out why it was happening, that would solve my current error. Would you confirm that I should still try manual linking even if I'm using React Native 0.67.4 and I will look through the example application, thanks for that, and get back to you if I have any more questions or if I find the solution. Thank you!

PS: I've no idea why my username changed. This is a work account so Im not sure who set it up/how it was set up.