Answered

Workload management based on channel or tag

Are there any plans to enable workload management based on channel or tag and not just team? For example, I'd like to be able to limit the number of live chat messages that my teammates receive while allowing them to still receive emails at the same time. In the above scenario one could receive an unlimited number of new emails which can be handled on the agents own time, while having a cap on chats which require the most immediate attention up front.

icon

Best answer by Aparna 26 July 2022, 15:53

View original

2 replies

Hey @meg c​ ! With workload management, you can choose how conversations are assigned to a team inbox (manually, by round robin or balanced assignment), control how many conversations a teammate is assigned at one time and get a quick view of inboxes approaching or hitting their assignment limits. Right now there isn't any plan to enable workload management based on channel or tag. I would suggest you add it to the product wish list page. A possible option for your team right now would be to assign the email messages to a specific inbox and chat messages(from messenger) to a specific Inbox and set the Inbox to which conversations from email are assigned on the top of the list. This ensures that teammates who are members of multiple teams will automatically receive conversations from the highest priority inbox first. You check this article for more details

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me Aparna! I will check out the product wish list page. I'm not sure if the option you suggested would make sense for us right now, because we don't want to limit the total number of conversations assigned, just the total number of chat messages assigned. It's not about the priority of the messages so much as not overwhelming folks on the live channels.