Answered

Can the custom bot recognize if the team is available and answer accordingly?

• Connector
  • 6 replies

Hi!

I am using custom bot to map customer questions before reaching the support team. Some of the questions can be solved with custom bot and some of them needs the agent. When the customer wants to talk to a human would it be possible for custom bot to recognize whether the team is online or not and answer accordingly? It would help a lot to manage customer expectations!

Hope you can see what I am after! 😁

icon

Best answer by Daniel M15 1 August 2022, 15:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey @pia​! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

For this, you'll want to set up two bots: one for during office hours, and one for outside of office hours. You can set the bots to only reply during/outside office hours under the Frequency and Scheduling section while editing your bot 👇

Screenshot on 2022-08-01 at 14-16-12So bot one here will only send during office hours and will have its unique paths, and the same for bot two that replies outside of office hours!

Hope this helps 😁

@daniel Hey team. I have a similar situation and use case however, I want the bot to know when the 1 agent is set as away during office hours i.e there's no agent available. Can the bot detect that and provide an answer that sets the expectation?

Userlevel 2

Hey @user1046​! You might find our office hours feature useful for this - you can define active office hours and even reply times per team to give your customers the most accurate expectations 😊 Hope this helps!

Hi @daniel m15​ , My problem is that even with office hours enabled, the agent may sometimes be in meetings and therefore unavailable. Is there anything in Intercom that can detect when no agent is set to 'available' and route differently?