Answered

Can I implement cookie consent on the Help Center? For example, is there a way to integrate Google Tag Manager?

• 26 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Is there a way to implement cookie consent on the Help Center? One way to do it would be to add a Google Tag Manager integration so that users could add their own cookie consent implementation.

Rationale for cookie consent:

• The Help Centre already has an integration with Google Analytics (see https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/1346547-integrate-google-analytics-with-your-help-center. However, for many countries, cookie consent is required to use Google Analytics.
  • The Help Centre can be part of the user journey for a business. As a result, it makes sense to be able to unify tracking/consent across all its domains/subdomains using Google Tag Manager.
  • YouTube videos can be embedded in Help Centre articles, which sets its own cookies that can require consent. There may be other services that do this on the Help Centre.
icon

Best answer by Racheal 1 August 2022, 23:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @steven t​ Racheal here from the Support Engineer team 👋

It's currently not possible to control the cookies on the Help Center, however, I know this is something that is a priority for our product team right now. I've shared your request with our Product Team so they can review.

While it's not possible to inject a script into the Help Center, or manage the cookies in the Help Center, you could send in in-app message (chat, post, custom bot) to inform customers that the Help Center uses cookies. This is of course just a notice, and does not include the ability to opt out.

+1 for this feature, it would be very useful to be able to load custom scripts via GTM, as we are using a non-google tracking solution.

If you’re in europe and you don’t have a robust cookie consent solution in place you are breaking the law.

Plain and simple and it’s very concerning.

What’s the ETA for implementing this?

Looks like it’s implemented on your own help center with a dedicated field;)

https://cdn.zappy.app/b38afffd736b9b7acc2e3a6867e1b6be.png

Badge +1

+1 for injecting custom scripts to apply other than just GA tracking.