Answered

Across different workplaces in Intercom, is it possible to have an agent in an active status with one workspace but away in another?

• 26 July 2022
  • 1 reply

We have multiple workspaces and team members who work in both. We are also using the Balanced assignment, so if they are active they are expected to work incoming conversations. However, I noticed when setting them up in an additional workplace, if they are active in one, they are also active in another.

How do I make it so they are active in one but away in the other? It's disrupting our workflow and is causing additional work 😞

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Daniel M15 1 August 2022, 15:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hey @seanalee​! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

At the moment, it's not possible to set the "away" status for a teammate to be different across multiple workspaces. If this is something that you'd like to see implemented in the future, make sure to drop it in our Product Wishlist Group 😊 And remember to keep your eyes on our Built For You page to stay up to date with all of our latest product announcements and updates 👀

For now, I would recommend adding these members to a specific role with custom office hours (in both workspaces) that reflect their working hours for the respective workspace. You can set this up under Settings > General > Teams & Roles.

Hope this helps! 🙌