Answered

Is there a feature, similar to switch to WhatsApp, for e-mail?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Is there a way, similar to switch to WhatsApp, that gives our users the possibility to send us an offline message, email of sorts, instead of reaching out online?

This is specifically for outside office hours, for transparency purposes I want the messenger to let people know that what they are sending us is not a live message.

icon

Best answer by Daniel M15 8 August 2022, 18:42

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey @lucía​! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

I think that you may find our email forwarding feature useful here! With email forwarding, you can set up a company address, which will create incoming user emails as conversations in Intercom 😊 This way, your users can email at any time, and the conversation will automatically be created in Intercom. In terms of setting expectations that the message is offline, I'd suggest going to your Messenger settings, and under "Say when you'll be available", set some office hours for your team. This way, your users will know when your team will be available for live support 😁

Let me know if this helps! 🙌

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you, Daniel. We're currently working with these set-ups, but we were wondering if there's a way to offer our customers the possibility to choose email even if we're online at the time.