Answered

Accessibility Issues - Screen Readers - Color/Contrast

• 9 August 2022
  • 1 reply

We were told that Intercom was accessible for screen readers, but in testing them, we are getting errors. In addition, the colors Intercom sets for hover states and some of the text do not have the appropriate color/contrast, and I don't know how to force those colors. there are only two colors I can change in the Intercom settings, but there are many more color combinations that need to be fixed. I tried by doing it in CSS, but the edits are not sticking. We are going live in a few days with a new site and this is throwing a wrench into everything. Help!!

icon

Best answer by Racheal 16 August 2022, 01:52

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @colleen​ Racheal from the Support Engineer team here 👋🏼

I am so sorry to hear you're having a frustrating time. Our engineers have been notified of an issue with our Messenger not complying with WCAG 2.0 AA and are currently looking into it.

Currently, there isn't a way to control exactly what color appears when you hover but to be totally clear here, the Messenger should be complying with WCAG 2.0 AA standards and working effectively with screen readers.

Please feel free to write into the team here so we can get you added to the issue and notify you as soon as we have an update from the team on this!