Answered

Any suggestions to how can I adapt macros by channel (whatsapp, e-mail and chat) in a organized and practical way?

• 17 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hey guys. I'm looking for a better way to interact with our customers through more compatible communication, according to the type of channel I'm talking to them.

We have many macros already made in our tool, but they don't work well depending on the channel type. They usually work better for conversations made in the Intercom's chat integrated with our platform, but when it happens through whatsapp or email, it's not so good anymore.

It doesn't look good because the macro formatting is not customized and suitable with the channel type communication. In Whatsapp for example, text settings are lost after sending.

Has anyone already organized the macros in a more personalized and strategic way that can give me some suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Aparna 22 August 2022, 18:02

View original

3 replies

Hey @user2428​ ! At the moment it is not possible to format the Macros to suit different Channel types.

We have an article on best practices in using Macros in general to create efficiency. Here is an article on that. You mentioned that text settings are lost after sending, can you elaborate a bit more on this? This will be helpful to flag with the product team.

Hey, @aparna​ Thanks for the reply!

This type of misconfiguration occurs for macros sent via Whatsapp only. Apparently it doesn't consider the spacing between texts, word formatting (bold, italics...), linked articles and not even GIF. And when we have images, they are sent separate from the text.

I believe it is a limitation of the Whatsapp tool itself, but it requires attention before sending and formatting.

@user2428​  I get you and thank you for the details. As you mentioned it is a limitation. I would suggest you add it to the Product Wishlist page and share your feedback so the team will have details while looking at the feature request.