Answered

How do I add and remove recipients in an open conversation in the new UI?

• 23 August 2022
  • 5 replies

I've been using the new UI for a while now and about 1-2 months ago I vaguely remember seeing an update on how to manage recipients in a conversation in the new UI. But then after that, I seem to have lost the ability to do that.

Am I just not seeing where that option was moved to? Currently, I have to jump back to the original inbox to manage recipients.

icon

Best answer by Racheal 25 August 2022, 20:03

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @brian p​ Racheal from the support engineer team here 👋🏼

You can manage participants right from the composer! 🎉 You'll see the option to add/remove people from the top of the composer area when sending a reply:inbox-2-manage-participants

Ahah! There it is.

Curious though. Do I need to send a response for the recipient(s) to be removed? In my current position I don't interact with the end user of our product. I'm sending emails over to our intercom inboxes and need to remove my email so that follow-up is between our support team and the end user.

I removed my email but I still see my email(tab) at the top right corner.

@racheal​  Just wanted to follow up on my question above. Would I have to send a message to remove myself?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @brian p​ 

Ah, yes you would have to reply in order to remove yourself. This is a new feature within our next gen inbox and we are tracking feedback on it- so I will be sure to add your use case to our issue here!

Thank you so much!