Question

How do you set a Custom bot to appear on a specific URL?

• 5 September 2022
  • 4 replies

We use custom bots to provide some information before someone chooses to speak to a person. This is across most of our pages, but I have a different Custom bot that I would like to kick in if a person accesses Intercom from another of our webpages. This is important because the bot will end by assigning the query to another team in Intercom (and this seems to overrule the inbox rules set up).

Is it the 'new conversation' Custom bot I should be using?

I thought it would be straightforward to do this by using Rules, but I've tried a few different things and it still only shows the original custom bot, not the one I have created. This means the queries are then also assigned to the wrong team. I've created an Audience rule 'Current page contains...', but this didn't work. I also added 'does not contain' to the original Custom bot as well, but this still didn't fix it.

Can anyone help? Thank you

4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey @hannah e​! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

Hmm, I believe that a custom bot from a new conversation and using those filters should work here 🤔 My thoughts are that maybe the filters aren't matching with the user you're testing as. When you create an Outbound bot that's targeted just at this user with no other filters, does the bot fire? If so, then we can assume it's a filtering issue with the other bot. If not, it could be an issue with how your Messenger is recognising users. Either way, if you're not able to resolve this one, I'd recommend reaching out to us via the Messenger so we can do an in-depth investigation. We may need some sensitive info about your app that we can't share on this public forum.

Hope this helps!

Hi, did you manage to figure this out? I'm trying to set up a custom bot that should be triggered based on which url the customer visits our website due to it being different countries. However, the "Current page contains" is not working for me neither...

Hi! Yes, it was to do with the order of the bots! I hadn't realised that the order they are in matters, but as soon as I put the 'specific' custom bot first, it all started working perfectly 🙂 I'm not sure if this will help you or not. Good luck!

Ah, that might help! Thank you :)