Answered

Is there a way to get only a single field, or a specific list of fields back when querying an object?

• 7 September 2022
  • 1 reply

For example, if I want to just get the name of the company, or the date it was created back when I look up the ID? I know that in general I could just ignore the rest, but I'm trying to do this within a Custom Action, and I don't necessarily want to write the whole company object back to the Person I'm looking it up for.

For context on why I'm doing this rather than associating that Person directly to the Company, I don't want to pollute my Companies with non-employees of said Company. However, I'd still like to be able to look up what Company they are requesting support for so that we can customize their experience when they are interacting with a bot.

icon

Best answer by Zak 7 September 2022, 02:04

View original

1 reply

Badge +1

I believe there isn't at the moment sadly. I'm still learning how to utilize custom objects/actions, but it doesn't seem there is a way to filter the API requests returned data prior to being saved in an object or attribute at the moment.