Answered

Open messenger directly to a Collection of articles?

• 14 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi there, I'm hoping to find a way in my web app to insert a link that could open the Messenger directly to a specific Collection of help articles. We're hoping to draw attention to a category of resources without forcing the user to open a new tab. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Racheal 15 September 2022, 22:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @erica m​ Racheal from the Support Engineer team here 👋

There currently isn't a way to link to a Collection within the Messenger, you can link to a collection using just the URL:

https://intercom.help/workspace_name/en/collections/1234567-example-collection/p>

But as you noticed, this will open a new tab.

I'll go ahead and mark this as a Feature Request for the team to consider implementing down the road, though! I can see how it could be handy to link to entire Collections there. Thanks for bringing that to our attention!

Hey @Racheal 

Is this (open the Messenger directly to a specific Collection of help articles) feature changes available on production?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Dhruvesh Panchal !

Racheal is saying that she is going to make a Feature Request to our product team so they can consider implementing something like this in the future. Currently this isn’t something that you can do in the Messenger.