Question

How to insert content from conversation details app?

• 15 September 2022
  • 2 replies

I'm working on an app that a team member can search our content database. When they click on a content in the search result, it should insert that content (with image, link and text) to the conversation. So far I got most of it done except for inserting content to conversation part. How do I do that? Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @cuong​ Racheal from the support engineer team here 👋

If I'm understanding correctly you want to insert this data as a reply in the conversation, if so using the reply to a conversation endpoint to push the data to the conversation may work for you here! If you'd rather it be in a note you will just want to change message_type to note.

Thank you for the answer!

I was hoping I could do that with canvas kit since I saw this in the Canvas Kit Guide

Apps in conversation details can also optionally insert an app into the conversation reply:

- You respond with a card_creation_options object.
- We send a request to the initialize URL for Messenger capabilities with the card_creation_options object present.
- You respond with a canvas object with the components you want to insert into the conversation reply.

If I need to use the Conversation API, I suppose I need to implement OAuth as well?