Question

Resolution Bot Answer not displaying in Custom Bot?

• 21 September 2022
  • 1 reply

• New Participant
  • 0 replies

I'm trying to figure out how to get Resolution Bot to return an answer in the chat window. When I preview the answer in Resolution Bot Answers, it works as expected. When I go to Custom Bots and try to integrate it into the chat flow with "End bot with Resolution Bot and follow up actions," it doesn't actually display the answer in preview.

I've looked through support articles such as this one recommended by an employee in this forum:

https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/3722090-let-resolution-bot-follow-up-after-custom-bots-and-messages/p>

But it doesn't reflect the way my interface looks. I think the images in it may be out of date. For the first example, "After messages," I don't see an option to "Let Resolution Bot Respond" or "Add Follow-Up Action." I also don't see anything like the "Reply Type," "Sent as," or "Show first on web" modules on the left-hand side.

As for the second approach, "After Custom Bots," I am able to select "End bot with Resolution Bot and follow-up actions." However, when I do that, the chat flow that is displayed (see attached screenshot) looks different than what's in the article.

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 6.03.39 PM 

Let me know please if there's a more helpful resource or if anyone has a quick fix to get this fairly basic implementation up and running. Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @gary​ 👋🏼

When you are building a Custom Bot and ending a pathway with Resolution Bot, if you preview this Custom Bot - the Resolution Bot won't play out because technically at that point the conversation is moved from 'Custom Bot' to 'Resolution Bot'.

If the preview of your Custom Bot works and flows just fine & in the Resolution Bot 'test answer' it works just fine then I would say that the flow between both should work.

Of course, if you set this live and you come into issues with this - please do reach out to our support via the Messenger and we can look into this for you 🙏🏼

But it is expected that Resolution Bot won't kick in during a Custom Bot preview 👍🏼