Answered

Custom Help Center domain not working

• 26 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi team,

I have updated our CNAME help.productengine.app to point to custom.intercom.help

However, the config in Intercom has been stuck on Pending for a few hours now:

When I click try again, i get an error pop up.

Can you please help point me in the right direction?

icon

Best answer by Racheal 27 September 2022, 03:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @talha​ Racheal from the Support Engineer team here 👋

Do you know if you have your own CAA (Certification Authority Authorization) record of domain "productengine.app" on DNS? This will stop us from creating SSL for your subdomain if so.

In order to resolve this you will need to follow this this guide to update your record (specifically adding both "digicert.com" and "letsencrypt.org" to the CAA record) or remove the CAA record from your side. After that you will need to wait until this DNS update is propagated to the world.

If you run into any trouble or have any questions please write into the team so we can take a better look!

Hey @racheal

Thanks for picking this up. We don't have CAA record on this domain. We have been able to use this specific domain for articles before so not sure what is different this time.

I have dropped a message to the support team as well.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

It looks like Cam was able to get you sorted here! 🎉

Hey was!

For anyone else who stumbles upon this, we had to remove the CNAME and essentially wait for the Quick setup tool to reset. It took about half a day but when it did, we were able to update the DNS and it started working from there.

Oh and Cam is awesome!