Question

There isn't an option on inbox rules to make sure an incoming email is "not spam"?

• 27 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Our website enquiry form is sent over to intercom as an email however Intercom is flagging 100% of these emails as spam. No rules seem to override this, even if we set successfully filters to tag the email, assign it to a team etc, the email still goes to spam. We NEED the ability to set a filter to NOT set it as spam as we know it's not. Standard option in a normal email client like Gmail. Lacking control of spam filtering in Intercom, no options to control. Too basic.

(+ The add topic option on this form to submit question does not work BTW)

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @jonathan​ Racheal from the support engineer team here 👋

If you notice some messages in the folder that are genuine and not spam, click the "Not Spam" button. This will send the message back to the Inbox and help train our algorithm for future.

​Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 11.14.56 AMIf you are still needing some help here, please write into us in support and we can take a look!

I'm aware. But that doesn't solve the problem. We need "rules" to allow better control of what your system considers junk, which in our case is not junk.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I understand @jonathan​ - I can definitely flag this as a feature request for the team to consider. This is a great one for the @Product Wishlist​ wish list as well! If you haven't already, please do write into us in support as we may be able to find possible work arounds for you. We will just need permission to access your account to check some logs on our end!