Answered

NEWS. change the order of news

• 15 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Love the news tab in the messenger. However, it seems that it is hard-coded that the order of the news in that tab is based on when I created them.

Is there any way to change the order of the news in that tab?

icon

Best answer by Shauna 17 October 2022, 15:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @denis t​ 👋🏼

There is currently no way to customise the list of News Items in the Messenger, they will show with the latest creation comes first.

I can definitely share this feedback with the Product team for you as a feature request 🚀

Be sure to keep an eye on our Product Changes page for updates on current features or announcements on new products 👉🏼 https://www.intercom.com/changes/en/p>

Hi @shauna o11​ ,

That's really too bad. We're planning to move our changelog to an Intercom news center. To make this live page interesting and accurate for our (past) users, we need to fill it with our most important updates of the past months in chronological order.

That means we should be able to:

• Set the date of the news item to a date in the past (e.g. the original release date of the feature).
  • And with that, change the order of how news items are shown. We don't mind if the newest always shows on top if we can change the date used as "release date".

And even for future changes, we may not always write the news item on the day the feature is released, but would still like to set the date to the day the feature was released.

dates-in-news-intercom 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thank you for this feedback @wijnand​ 🔥 I will pass this along to the Product team for you!

Don't hesitate to share any feedback on our features here!