Answered

Is it possible to use Product Tours but hide the Messenger chat-button at the bottom right of the page?

• 17 October 2022
  • 4 replies

We want to use Intercom Product Tours for one of our domains, but our client would not want the chat Messenger feature. Is it possible to configure Intercom to still have Product Tours working but remove that Messenger?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Shauna 17 October 2022, 16:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @user2352​ 👋🏼

Once you have Intercom installed on your website - you can go into Messenger Settings and set it that the Messenger launcher is turned off so this won't show. The Product Tour should still work because Intercom is still installed on the hard-code.

Messenger Settings here - https://app.intercom.com/a/apps/_/messenger> under 'Control your inbound conversation volume'.

I hope this makes sense 🤩

Hi @shauna o11​,

Thank you for your reply and the proposed solution! The issue I face now is that I have multiple domains that will want to use the Messenger, but 1 that does not want to use it. Is it possible to set a blacklist of a domain to prevent the Messenger launcher from displaying on certain domains?

Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @user2352​ 👋🏼

You can filter for Visitors and Users who sees the Messenger Launcher here 👇🏼

Show the Messenger Launcher setting - can select filters for those to see the launcher or notGive it a go and see how you get on!

Hi @shauna o11​,

That makes sense, will give it a try to see if it works.

Thank you!