Answered

Having trouble uploading images and even embedded videos to my Product Tours. I tried sizing them down. Can't find any info on specifics to uploading images/videos since it's fairly straight forward.

• 1 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Having trouble uploading images and even embedded videos to my Product Tours. I tried sizing them down. Can't find any info on specifics to uploading images/videos since it's fairly straight forward.
icon

Best answer by Milan 1 November 2022, 21:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @sethana​ 

There is a limit for videos that you add as a video pointer if that is what you are asking:

• Only videos in .MP4 format are supported.
  • Your video can be no larger than 40MB. The optimal size is under 10MB. Videos larger than this will take longer to load, which may create a delay in your tour.
  • Your video will display in a 4:3 aspect ratio. You should create your videos using these dimensions.

More: https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/2901124-personally-guide-customers-with-video-pointers-in-tours

If you embed the external video, there should be no issues as Intercom does not know the size of it. But since you said "I tried sizing them down" I think you are not embedding external video but actually importing (uploading) your own video and there should be a limit and requirements on that.

Can you check if .mp4 under 40MB will work for you?

Hi @user382​ 

Thanks for your answer but I tried this with a video in these constraints. My embedded videos do not work either, only displaying a grey box with a frowning face :(

No images I upload work either despite being 2KB and 200 x 60 px

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

That's weird, the only thing you can do then is to reach out to support.

Make sure to prepare info about it as some questions you get might be:

• Which messages/tours are you experiencing this and is it the same with others messages/tours?
  • Are any other of your teammates is experiencing the same issue?
  • When you are uploading the image/video do you get any errors (either in Intercom app, red notifications on top OR in browser console - right click on anywhere on Intercom, choose Inspect, choose Console tab, and then try uploading an image and see if you get any red lines in the console list, if you do make a screenshot to share with Intercom support)