Answered

Intercom Product Tour does not load

• 18 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi, I've been using Intercom Messenger on our Angular web app, and it seems to be working perfectly fine so far. However, we decided to also use the new Product Tour feature for new users, since we already have Intercom Messenger, but when I try using the Product Tour builder and entering the address to the prod site (with the Intercom Messenger integrated) it loads the page up but then shows an alert that says "Sorry, we can't load the tools to build Product Tours on your website. Please make sure the Intercom Messenger is installed on the URL you have chosen to build your tour".

Intercom Tour Builder ErrorThis is odd because when the page loads I can see the Intercom Messenger icon on the bottom left of the screen. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Kevin Bendixen 25 October 2022, 09:58

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@ayaan​ Did you check this article?

Yes I have, unfortunately none of those seem to be the issue for our web app. Like I mentioned, the Intercom Messenger loads without any issues but the tour builder does not work.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @kevin b​ , just wondering if you have further advice for the user in that case?🙌

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

What's the URL, where you want to build the on? Is the URL accessible to everyone?

Yes, the web app is publicly available at family.connectourkids.org

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Okay, so I checked the app and the messenger does load. However, I found an error in the browser console.Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-25 um 09.55.07I'm not a developer, so I'm not sure if this is the cause of your problem.

Another idea could be, to try to start the tour on a different page (if you have a more basic page where the messenger also loads) and then navigate to the desired page within the builder (there's an option to navigate somewhere else without it being part of the tour).

Thanks for the suggestions, I will give it a try.

Hi Ayaan, i have a question about your problem, i know it’s been a year now, but did you find the solution for it ?

Cause i’m having the same, i design the tour and i can see it in the preview but when i check it on the site i cannot find anyhting no matter what i do, the tour does not appear !

By the way, i’m using an angular application, i installed intercom in my app and i’m calling its service.
Inside the app component ngOnInit i call the boot method and i pass my intercom user ID
    this.intercom.boot({

app_id: this.APP_ID

});

On the live production, i can see the messenger and i can interact with my help desk in my intercom account.
I’ve created a product tour and it should appear when i login and i set the time for it to appear as “last seen” and i configured everything else but it still does not appear when i login and even when i wait for an amout of time nothing happens.

Could someone help me from the support team also !!!