Answered

Best alternative for 'Bump by Userfeed' or how to automate follow-ups?

• 18 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi, we're currently using Bump by Userfeed but don't like it. It feels very manual as you need to click two buttons every time you want to automate a followup. We also never customize the template Bump by Userfeed offers. We only use it to follow up with a question like "when does this happen?" or "could you elaborate?" or "what version are you on?" etc. I think ideally we'd have a bot that detects/notices that we asked the user a question and reminds them to follow up after a few days. Any idea for what we should try to reduce manual work for automated followups?

icon

Best answer by Racheal 21 October 2022, 02:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @moritz w​ Racheal from the support engineer team here 👋

We don't use any follow up apps ourselves, so I'm definitely interested in hearing from the community here! I just did a quick look through our inbox and I see that a lot of our users mention using Bump so that wasn't too helpful either. Not as automatic as you're looking for but the use of personal macros or a third party app like TextExpander helps make your responses easier to access when a conversation does unsnooze as well.

And lastly, you can also build out your own app for your Inbox! More details on that can be found here:

https://developers.intercom.com/building-apps/docs/build-an-app-for-your-inbox/p>

Hi Moritz

You can create Custom Actions to call the API and inbox rules to work with that.

You need 2 Custom Actions really - one for snooze and reply, another for reply and close.

I created this for us, but I'm struggling to make it work during office hours only (our unresponsive process journey is around 12 hours with several follow-ups).

Yes but this process of

1. snoozing and
  2. using a macro to remind the customer

is very manual and wastes time.

If you'd create a build in solution that would be very much appreciated. I'd assume something like automated followups (which "bumb by userfeed" or similar extensions solve somewhat) is one of the most requested features.

Hi @user2037​ , could you elaborate? What Custom Actions? How do you trigger this API call?

Would you mind open-sourcing your code for this or posting it as a gist? I'd be happy to collaborate on the time-frame office our limitation part, as this is something we'd want to add too.

Thanks!!

Sure Moritz. It looks like I can't add any attachments to show exactly.

You need to create an API access token from the developers page, then you create custom actions an pull that API. If there's a way to private message, I can send you a workaround pdf.