Answered

How to setup an abandoned cart series that fires off timely emails?

• 21 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Hey guys - we've had a few abandoned cart series setup for quite sometime now. They basically target any user who drops off our checkout flow without purchasing. The problem I'm facing is the that I have no control on the time from when a user abandons the cart to the time they get their first email. It seems to vary between users from 45 minutes up to 2 hours.

Abandoned cart emails are extremely time sensitive so we want to send them from 30 minutes to 60 minutes. Is there anyway this can be done on intercom?

icon

Best answer by Daniel M15 28 October 2022, 18:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hey @! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

It sounds like you've got the correct flow set up, however, there could be two things causing a delay here. One is the delivery of the emails - this is just something that we can't guarantee an exact time on, as it depends on how many users you are messaging in a given timeframe, though we typically send them within an hour. The second is the Series itself. It can take up to 15 minutes for the Series to check "should we be moving to the next node?", which can impact the time of when the email is triggered to be sent.

Reducing the waiting time after the "add to cart" action would be your best bet to achieve this. I know it's not what you were looking for, but this is really the only variable that you can affect that will speed up the process!

Hope this helps 🙌