Answered

Massive Drop in Help centre Audience

• 21 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Im trying to find out from the community if anyone else has noticed Intercom Article reporting showing massive drops in Article viewership post the first week of October 2022.

According to Intercom reports, our audience for the help centre dropped by 80% over two weeks. This is NOT accurate.

Google Analytics does not reflect this drop as well as overall website traffic outside of articles being up.

My assumption is a product update or bug introduced during Week 41 2022 is the cause but trying to see if anyone else has noticed this?

icon

Best answer by Kevin Bendixen 24 October 2022, 15:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Same here. The views from the messenger don't seem to be affected. I guess something changed with how “Visitors” are tracked:Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-24 um 15.18.23

@kevin b​ Thanks for confirming my suspicions, my graph looks identical to yours.

My big worry now is, was the old data inaccurate this whole time and has now been updated to reflect more accurate numbers? Or are the new numbers simply incorrect after the update. Im not sure which is more concerning.

I have an update here from Intercom Support. This was an issue on their end due to a bug introduced on October 7th. Apparently this has been fixed now but all of that data has been lost fro the effected time periods. Very disappointing.

Also concerned that they haven't updated all effected users yet.

@kevin b​ fyi.