Answered

Posts and the code editor, how to use it?

• 27 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Want to use the code editor that is available in e.g., Outbound - Posts. However I don't seem to be able to get much out of it. I assumed html would be rendered but it does not.

The code editor is meant to be used if I want to write in large letters in some other color, is that correct?

I have trawled through Intercom's support pages but have not been able to find anything specific to this. A ton of other articles but not this 😉

I have attached a screen shot of what I am referring to.

icon

Best answer by Ruth K 4 November 2022, 15:42

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi there @henrik a​ ! 👋 It's not possible to render HTML or CSS using that Code option in Posts. It is for formatting lines of code in the Outbound content so that they look distinct from the text in the main message. It's only possible to add HTML to Outbound Emails as outlined here in our help centre article. If you need to style the content more than the best option is to user the formatting options available in the UI when editing the Post. You could also try inserting an image with the text if the styling is beyond those options.

I'll definitely flag this as something we can make clearer in our help centre articles. Thanks for highlighting this! 🙌