Answered

Does Intercom support to trigger an event based survey automatically every time events sent in React Native app ?

• 3 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, we plan to use Intercom survey for our React Native app. We've tried to use the event based survey but we notice that the event based survey cannot be triggered automatically inside the app every time our events sent, instead, it always triggers our surveys when we relaunch the app. We would like to know if Intercom supports this behavior in React Native and how can we achieve it ?

We are using:

• React Native version 0.65.1
  • @intercom/intercom-react-native version 3.0.5

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Racheal 4 November 2022, 22:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @user1808​ Racheal from the support engineer team here 👋

If I'm understanding correctly, your user is triggering an event, but the Survey isn't firing until a page refresh essentially (or closing out the app), is that correct? If so, I'm afraid this is a known limitation at the moment as Surveys aren't set up for real time events on mobile quite yet. This means that once the user becomes eligible to receive a Survey, it will be sent to the user the next time the user update is triggered. User update is triggered on launching the app, returning to the app after it is closed for a few moments, or updating a user. The team is aware of this limitation and hopes to implement a solution for in the near future. In the meantime, after the event is triggered if you call Intercom('update'); on the user it should be enough to trigger that update and send out the Survey. 🤞🏼

Hello @racheal​ 

Thank you for responding.

It looks like Intercom('update') is for web. I tried calling Intercom.updateUser in @intercom/intercom-react-native that I guess it corresponds to Intercom('update') you mentioned, but it doesn't seem to work. Could you please give me an idea ?

Hi, any updates on this? I suspect we might be having similar issues with our react-native implementation.