Answered

Is it possible to automatically tag a new ticket created with the Messenger?

• 4 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Is there a callback when creating a ticket with the widget and use the API to add a tag automatically to the ticket ?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 14 November 2022, 16:24

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @user1997​ Racheal from the support engineer team here👋

Are we looking at the new Ticket feature here, or conversations? I'm afraid there is no Ticket endpoint at the moment, but definitely something the team is tracking interest for and a great one for the @Product Wishlist​. However you can create rules that will tag tickets upon creation based on conditions, here's an example I made for example 👇

Screenshot 2022-10-19 at 10.53.44 

When embedding the intercom widget into a website, you give the ability to your users to contact support by opening a new ticket. Is possible to automatically tag this ticket ? I'm not talking about adding metadata to the user, but tagging the created ticket.

the solution you provide seems to be based on some workflow itself based on webhook. If I can read metadata in the condition (if ticket metadata contains product === 'myproduct' then Tag conversation with 'myproduct') then it could be a solution. But is it possible to directly tag it as we can for example add metadata it ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Adding @Cyan Cone 7​ in case he has any ideas on that 👍

@diana t12​  Thanks for the tag, I do think believe is possible in a way that meets your requirements but let's find out! @user1997​  I'll send you a DM with my calendar, let's find a time to connect and figure it out together!

What I've done in the past has been similar to the suggestions by @racheal​  -- we setup some automation to make this happen based on specific elements of the ticket being created -- since you have control over the widget and the page url it's on etc, we should be able to do this no problem.

@user1997​  My bad, it looks like I'm unable to DM you so here's my calendar -- feel free to book a time, if I can be helpful to you! https://calendly.com/nathansudds/p>